[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Orca needs a recent version of liblouis

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:51:48 +0100

As far as I know, the version of liblouis orca uses is what the Linux distribution uses. For a distribution like archlinux this would be the latest release, for distributions working on a release cycle it could be older. Some distributions might backport the python3 bindings, hopefully if they did then they would also backport the main library as well.

As for liblouis and BrailleBlaster, I thought BrailleBlaster only accessed liblouisutdml calls, or is it that you mean the liblouisutdml required by BrailleBlaster makes use of newer liblouis calls?

Michael Whapples
On 14/05/2012 07:50, John J. Boyer wrote:
Apparently the current version of Orca is using an older version of
liblouis. It does not contain some functions needed by people who wish
to test BrailleBlaster with Orca. Hopefully upgrading the Python
bindings will also mean upgrading to the latest version of the library
as well.