[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Is liblouis capable of preparing the Norwegian bible for embossing?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lars Bj�l <lars@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:38:47 -0600

Lars,

Please ask questions on the liblouis-liblouisxml list. There are people
there who have more experience with using the software than i do.
Moreover, putting questions on the list helps to stimulate interest in
the software and may help others with similar problems.

To answer your questions, you will need a semantic-action file. Begin by
running a part of the Bible through liblouisutdml. This will generate a
prototype semantic-action file. You can then change the semantic actions
and define new styles.

liiblouisutdml can produce footers. They will be centered on the last
line of each page. There is a footer configuration setting which is
described in the documentation. You will need a different footer for
each page or pair of pages if you are using interpoint. I don't know how
the footers could be generated automatically. You can use the
configtweak setting to specify the footer. The way to go about this i to
make a trial translation with a dummy footer. Then people will have to
go through the translation and put in the real footer. On further
thought I'm not sure configtweak can be used to generate the footers.
You might be best off just using a text editor to edit the footers.
Since only one line needs to be edited this should be straightforward.

Let me know if you have more questions or ideas for automatically
generting the footers, and please use the list. That is important for
me.