[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Good grief

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:45:01 +0100

Hi Ken,

As explained in the private email sent to you, Joseph  and Attila when I
completed the bitbucket git repo.

The bitbucket repo is an exact clone of the one on github, except that you can
commit to the repo.
consider it as scratch space, i.e. table editors/authors can commit to
it and I can fix things before the table has been completed/can actually
be accepted into liblouis.

@joseph
> I'd be happy to fork a repo on Github just for table maintainers.

it doesn't really matter if its github or bitbucket or anywhere else, so
there is no real purpose in creating yet another fork.
By using the individualistic fork model, collaboration becomes much
harder, because the author is expected to complete the work on that
branch, which is not the case in our situation. i.e. all three of us
work on UEB when we find the time.

I also ensure to push to bitbucket any changes that make it into master.

Infact, you dont need multiple directories, you can just clone one repo,
and add a second remote.

I've helped Attila to do this, let me know if you need help.
//should add it to the website.

@ken, yes we have todo items for writing further documentation on the
website.
Please feel free to start adding things yourself, or draft something up
and we can check it/post it once its okayed.

thanks,
Mesar