[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: GNU license and MBraille

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 22:25:49 +0000

Hi,

Before this turns into another thread bashing GPL all over again, GPL is
guaranteeing the rights of the contributors, and ensuring the
product/software doesn't get closed off.
As maintainers our goal is also to provide/enable people to use liblouis
on as many platforms as possible.
You should take up your consern/criticism with those
manufacturers/vendors that restrict the rights/freedoms of the user, it
is not the fault of liblouis or any other project.
At worst case, vote with your feet and don't buy such products.

In any case, Bert and Christian made a list of those that have
contributed and need to give their consent.
Lets wait for an update from Christian (last person worked on this) to let us
know how far through we
have gone, and how many people still need to be tracked down.

Mesar