[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Bible in braille (Was: Re: Message that should have gone to the list: [john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: Re: Is liblouis capable of preparing the Norwegian bible for embossing?])

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:20:14 -0600

Lars,

I should have realized that the file was not to be published. That is a
good reason for sending something off the list, but I would prefer that
the private mesage be brief and the real questions be sent to the list.

The thing to do is to put a section of the Bible through file2brl to get
a prototype semantic-action file. the lines in this file will hve the
semantic action no and a second column consisting of a tag or a tag
followed by an attribute name, separated by a comma or a tag comma
attribute name comma atrribute value. By examining this file you can
tell which lines should have the tag para. Verses and verse numbers
within the paragraph should be handled. (of course you know most of
this, but maybe someone else who is interested doesn't.) You can then
make a trial translation and have someone proofread it to see if verse
numbers, etc. are handled correctly.

You can use the footer semantic action to generate a dummy footer. I
can't think of any way to fill in the footer with actual information
that would take less human efort than simply editing the footer.
However, i would certainly like to hear any ideas. Such a capability
could be added easily enough.

My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.godtouches.org
Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com