[liblouis-liblouisxml] Message that should have gone to the list: [john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: Re: Is liblouis capable of preparing the Norwegian bible for embossing?]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:53:27 -0600

The message to which I reply in this one was sent both to me and to the
list. Please do not do that. It is very confusing. Please keep all
discusion on the list.

Moderator

----- Forwarded message from "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-----

Subject: Re: [liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Is liblouis capable of preparing the
Norwegian bible for embossing?
From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:46:47 -0600
To: Paul Wood <paulw.torchtrust@xxxxxxxxx>

These are good things to know. I am wondering how liblouisutdml could be
given such a capability. If a particular style were defined for Bible
verses it would be a simple matter to keep track of the first and last
on a page. The tag for that style would also have to have an attribute
giving the book, chapter and verse. This would also be useful in
translating doctionaries. It's another thing to be implemented to make
the liblouis suite and BrailleBlaster the equal of any transcription
package which can be bought.

Finally, I would have much preferred if this discussion had been on the
liblouis-liblouisxml list. Others might have ideas. Many would find it
interesting and would learn from it.

John

----- End forwarded message -----