[leveller] Re: Path-based animations and raytraced billboards

  • From: Ray Gardener <rayg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:19:47 -0700

Chris Dordoni wrote:
I haven't talked to you in a few years. I'm the guy who was interested in using Leveller to do 3D engraving with lasers. Its good to see Leveller branching out, and I hope it works out well for you.

Thanks.

Are the path-based animations and raytraced billboards available in Leveller 3.1 or do they require Landshaper?

No, they're available in Leveller.

I understand that Landshaper is new, and you may not have a comparison table to show the differences. I do think a table would help in the future. Alternatively, having the Leveller page set up in the same format as the other two would help to clarify functions between the three products.

Well, Landshaper is for a different audience; it's not a pro version of Leveller. The cost and support structure are quite different. If a civil landsite engineer wants to compare the two, then he's probably not in the intended audience anyway. The products currently have overlap, but they are expected to diverge more over time.

The video clip happened to be in a Landshaper folder, but it didn't mean to imply that the features are only available there.

Ray