[LRFlex] Re: stacked extenders

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:56:02 -0700

Hi Ted!

Everything you said about the extenders is, of course, true.

But you forgot one minor benefit for those who don't use 'em at all. The close focus distance does not change. Makes macro work with long lenses a breeze.

Last spring I shot Leica's 28/f2.8-PC lens, for publication, using the 2x extender on the 400mm f6.8 and it worked very well.

I can only imagine what you could do with two, stacked extenders, at close focus!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm