[LRFlex] Re: leica R lens on Digital boxes - Canoptikum

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:32:26 EST

Hey Guy's,

I think that this is the answer that you're looking for on mounting "M" &
"LTM" lenses on an EOS via Leica to EOS adapter.

First, Leitz has almost any lens with removable lens head section a short
focussing mount that is mountable on the VISO's.

Then all you need, is the 14167, M (VISO) to R adapter and the lenses can be
infinity focussed, or if you also want to do macro, put the lens heads on the
"M" Bellows II and mount it on the 14167, (or earlier 14127F for flex's &
SL's) and mount all on an R body. The 14167 has the 3rd cam (null) installed,
so
that the camera can meter properly. Mount all on the EOS adapter and shoot
away.

If you use a 65mm elmar, you can have a relatively normay focal lenght lens
that focusses to about 1.15:1 at the close end and out to infinity. 90's (2.8 &
4), 135's (2.8, 4 & 4.5) can also be mounted and will infinity focus.

Hope this helps.

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx

PS,
I can e-mail pics of such an outfit mounted on brand  "F" cameras, F2AS, F4s,
F100 & F5 if you'd like to see it. I also have a close-up of an "M" to
whatever adapter that I picked up in Germany several years ago, that uses a "T"
mount on the back so that it can be mounted to pretty much anything ever
produced.