[LRFlex] Re: leica R lens on Digital boxes - Canoptikum

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:43:12 EST

Doug,

I ran into that same anomaly several years ago. I solved it by reverse
mounting a 28mm elmarit onto the front of a 180mm f/4 using a male-to-male
"macro"
ring. I had to use step-up rings to get the 28's filter threads up to 55mm.
magnification was about 6.4:1.

You leave the prime lens wide open and once you get the reversed lens
focussed (HAH) properly, you stop it down for DOF, (about 1~2mm if you're
lucky), but
if you use an R5, 6, 6.2, RE, 7, 8 or R9, you can use the Nikon SC17, off
camera cord and mount a TTL compatible flash on it and get a perfect exposure!!
think that's mighty nice of Nikon to have the same "pin" pattern and location
as Leica R's & "M" TTL's.

Hope this helps someone.

Art Tafil