[LRFlex] Re: daybreak... images 20D and R80mm

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:36:58 -0700

I will look into it... will report back to the group, but this is very likely widely variable from person to person....Steve

David Young wrote:

David Saalsaa asked:

At what f/stop do you find focusing becomes a problem with the 20D and the Leica lenses? I have a 400mm f/6.8 Telyt which I would like to use with a 20D. Just wondering if I could still manually focus it in average lighting.

Dave

Steve:

I too, am interested in this question, as I use the 400/f6.8 most often with a 2x converter. This means that I'm looking at about f13 wide open, though I sometimes stop it down to f8 for more dof.... such as dof is with such a comb at 30'!

For me, this *could* be a compelling reason to go full bore for the dmr.... though I sure don't like the price!

Enquiring minds want to know!

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
    http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
    http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm