[LRFlex] Re: daybreak... images 20D and R80mm

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:48:14 -0700

yes, a spectacular sunrise... lasting but a few minutes....lots of rain here lately. It's that time of year, and we need all we can get..

I trust and hope you are improving, feeling up to snuff, for your trip this week...

thanks for your comments,

Steve

Ted Grant wrote:
Steve Barbour showed & said:
Subject: [LRFlex] daybreak... images 20D and R80mm

Arizona sunrise...my wife called me, I ran outside in my bathrobe, in hand a Canon 20D with a R 'lux 80mm 1.4, to capture a few images...

http://www.solio.us/gallery/daybreak<<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,
4 more reasons I have to move to Arizona! Very nice. Seems patching Leica glass and 20D together works quite successfully.

On New Years Day I didn't have the sun rise but did shoot a bunch of crazy people doing the Polar Bear Swim running into the Pacific Ocean water slightly above zero degrees with wind chill factor.

I used the 80-200 and it worked extremely well even though the 20D viewfinder isn't quite the size of the R8.

As usual all settings were auto everything, of course no auto focus, but everything manual focus sharp. The neat thing was the extra reach of the lens due to the 1.6 factor of the sensor which made the 200mm to 320mm. Quite convenient actually. ;-)

ted

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm