[LRFlex] Re: daybreak... images 20D and R80mm

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:40:46 +0100

Dave,
if it's anything like the Novoflex 400/5.6 you should have no problems, even a Sigma fixed aperture mirror lens (f8) in average conditions can be focussed reasonably easily, depends on the subject really.
This shot, cropped out of the middle of a frame, has been posted for quite a while now , since before the 20D,(so you may have seen it already) and was taken with the Sigma 600/8 on a Digital Rebel (300D) at a distance of around 12 meters in overcast weather, the 300D finder is a bit dimmer than the 20D. It's not quite pin-sharp but the subject was on a wobbly twig.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Big_tit_crop_copy
I find I have more difficulty focussing wide angle lenses with the Canon screens.
Douglas

Dave Saalsaa wrote:

Nice shots, Steve. At what f/stop do you find focusing becomes a problem with the 20D and the Leica lenses? I have a 400mm f/6.8 Telyt which I would like to use with a 20D. Just wondering if I could still manually focus it in average lighting.

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>