[LRFlex] Re: The sun is out...........

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:51:06 -0700

Douglas wrote:

I'm looking forward to your steam shots - any Case Steam Tractors there ?

G'mornin' Douglas!

You're in luck! There was a CASE 40hp steam tractor there in running order. I have (I hope!) several shots. Won't know for sure until Wednesday afternoon but may not have time to scan & post before we depart for a short trip out of town, Thursday morning.

If they're as good as I recall, I'll post one or two for the group. If not, I'll send 'em to you via private email, since you seem to like steam so much! :)

BTW: I am told that all CASE enthusiasts mourn the loss of the larger CASE models... apparently they were built into the 150hp range, but none of these exist any more. :(

Cheers!

David.

PS: I also have some shots of my nephew driving a 1928 Hart Parr steam tractor.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm