[LRFlex] Re: Infinity focus problem Macro Elmar R

  • From: nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Noel Charchuk)
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:27:12 -0400

Doug the lens is the 100 Macro Elmar. It used to focus to infinity, now it
doesn't. The travel seems correct from stop to stop, but it just doesn't line
up in the microprism.
Other lenses focus on the body OK, and the suspect lens does the same thing on
another R body.
And, I don't have the doubler mounted, before someone asks!  ; )

I suspect a trip to the repair shop is in order, unfortunately. As the lens
works for near focus, and it is wildflower season, and I have a 90 and 135 R
lens, that may have to wait until the leaves fall, as I want to use it for
macro work on mountain flowers.

Noel
Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>on 6/21/04 4:47 AM, Noel Charchuk at nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I noticed a problem this weekend, which I don't recall having before. My
>> Macro-Elmar R seems to not be able to focus at infinity, when I hit the
>> stop at infinity, the image of distant objects in the viewfinder is not
>> sharp, and in the microprism a strainght vertical edge is slightly
>> offset. I can't see anything out of alignment when looking down the
>> lens, and the lens travel from near focus to infinty seems to be correct.
>>
>> I would appreciate any insight in clearing this up, I am hoping I am
>> overlooking something obvious. If not I will have to send it away for
>> repair, but I want to see if anyone here has any suggestions before I do
>> that.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Noel C
>
>I presume you've checked the camera's ability to focus to infinity, using
>another lens?  If this is the 60mm Macro and the camera body checks out OK,
>it may be that it needs a new focussing helix.  I've had to repair my 60
>macro when the focussing ring 'slipped', as though some connection between
>the ring and the helix broke.
>
>Doug Herr
>Birdman of Sacramento
>http://www.wildlightphoto.com