[LRFlex] Re: Infinity focus problem Macro Elmar R

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:19:45 -0700

on 6/21/04 4:47 AM, Noel Charchuk at nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I noticed a problem this weekend, which I don't recall having before. My
> Macro-Elmar R seems to not be able to focus at infinity, when I hit the
> stop at infinity, the image of distant objects in the viewfinder is not
> sharp, and in the microprism a strainght vertical edge is slightly
> offset. I can't see anything out of alignment when looking down the
> lens, and the lens travel from near focus to infinty seems to be correct.
>
> I would appreciate any insight in clearing this up, I am hoping I am
> overlooking something obvious. If not I will have to send it away for
> repair, but I want to see if anyone here has any suggestions before I do
> that.
>
> Thanks
> Noel C

I presume you've checked the camera's ability to focus to infinity, using
another lens?  If this is the 60mm Macro and the camera body checks out OK,
it may be that it needs a new focussing helix.  I've had to repair my 60
macro when the focussing ring 'slipped', as though some connection between
the ring and the helix broke.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com