[LRFlex] Infinity focus problem Macro Elmar R

  • From: Noel Charchuk <nhcharch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:47:51 -0600

I noticed a problem this weekend, which I don't recall having before. My Macro-Elmar R seems to not be able to focus at infinity, when I hit the stop at infinity, the image of distant objects in the viewfinder is not sharp, and in the microprism a strainght vertical edge is slightly offset. I can't see anything out of alignment when looking down the lens, and the lens travel from near focus to infinty seems to be correct.

I would appreciate any insight in clearing this up, I am hoping I am overlooking something obvious. If not I will have to send it away for repair, but I want to see if anyone here has any suggestions before I do that.

Thanks
Noel C