[LRflex] Re: R lens users

  • From: Hiep Phan <hiepvophan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:39:53 -0600

Hello guys,

I'm Hiep, pretty much new to this forums. I just got my Leica Summicron
180/2 today, and already got my Elmarit 100 macro. However, I am not going
to shoot with a Leica body. Instead, I am going to shoot these two on my
Sony A900. There is perfectly reversible process to change the mount of a R
lens to Alpha mount from Leitax.com. Or for a less risky option, you can
always get a Canon 5D Mark II and a compatible adapter and you can readily
shoot these gems on a digital back. As far as I know, Nikon would be able to
use R lenses via Leitax conversion as well. So these are the three Full
Frame options that you guys can migrate over to the digital world. I doubt
that the very first R digital back from Leica would be a full frame.
However, I got a rumor that Leica is planning to have a digital system that
will use R lens. But a rumor is a rumor.

For now, I'm going to enjoy shooting with my two Leica lenses.

Best,

Hiep