[LRflex] Re: PAW-1 : Visist Jordan!

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:23:08 +0200

Hi Ted and Billie again  :-)
I quite agree with Ted saying shoot from different angles; unfortunately
the limits are bucks, load, and sometimes time.

When in India, I was always short on film (so much to discover) and
batteries (Contax was ruined by the dampness and batteries were nowhere
to be found, except from other tourists... at the time), and though I
went three times to the Taj Mahal (evening, dawn and noon) to try my
best luck on the site. Well, in truth, I should go again as none of the
pixes I took does fully satisfy me today.

Sometimes you simply don't have time to, or money, or opportunity, this
is precisely when Ted's (and the list's) advice is so precious.
Indeed, we can learn to avoid traps and improve through shared mistakes,
thanks to more advanced photographers.

I also think that scanning the slides can bring them back to a new life,
as you can edit them with Photoshop or other pieces of software (I did a
gross and sloppy job on Xavier's slides I know, but that was part of the
game); just as we used to improve a neg in the B&W lab years from now.
Trial and errort is our lot - Leica is less error prone than others (
;-)  ), and we got to be up to the gear.

I am not ashamed (yet) of posting not so good stuff as David, Doug(s)
and others'. I'm also on this list to learn from you all. So I'd like to
know how Doug manages to shoot birds in flight with such sharpness using
a manual lense. I want to know how patient David is with his birds.  I
want to know to the tricks. I'm soon fifty and still feel like a
beginner for sure.

Thanks to everyone in retroaction and in anticipation for your precious
help.
Phileicangénieux.