[LRflex] Re: PAW-1 : Visist Jordan!

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 06:32:28 -0800

Bille Xavier F.showed:
Subject: [LRflex] PAW-1 : Visist Jordan!

 > Well, here are some holiday snaps, Provia 100F, highly contrasted.
> > Jeerash, the old Roman city, Elmarit 24
> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Galleries/Jordanie/Jordanie002.jpg

Bonjour Bille mon ami,
Nice use of the 24 for this kind of scene! :-) Certainly with the people
giving adding to the perspective.

However, you made one a mistake with a wide angle lens that makes the
difference between an excellent photograph and one that just misses the
mark. It's how one holds the camera correctly! :-( And you didn't, you are
close but look at the left side columns and they're all leaning into the
centre.

You unfortunately miss an "A+ rating" because you tilted the camera on the
left when you had perfectly good vertical lines to square the camera with
the columns while looking through the viewfinder and squaring the camera .

With a shot like this I line-up the internal viewfinder with the column on
the left making sure they're straight, then move my eye..... not camera....
to the right side, if necessary a slight movement of camera on the right
side lining up the inner edge of the viewfinder with some vertical part in
the scene.

A quick look back to the left to assure you haven't thrown it into a tilt,
do this very quickly and the end result is..... the columns are straight and
the perspective of the scene is corrected. And then you have an "A class "
photo.

By the way this action takes les than seconds for correction, but it truly
makes a major difference.

ted