[LRflex] Re: Neil's RF vs Digicam Comments

  • From: Bob Palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:11:08 -0500

Neil -

Thanks once again for further specifying your take on this issue.  As
is often the case, the more precise we are about the details the more
we find that we really don't disagree at all 'bout the big picture.

Good to know that the EVF manual focus thing has some merit on the
Lumix.

Also, I was a bit glib in assuming that digicam=small sensor.  It's
just been that way so far, and a digi-RF would potentially give the
designer more room for a nicer patch of real estate.

And my position on this has a lot to do with feeling that digicams were
born of either film point & shoots or "still video cameras," neither of
which threatens the M's function in the firmament.  You've reminded me
that there are some other embodiments out there.

Bob Palmieri