[LRflex] Re: Kaufmann Interview

  • From: <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:23:56 -0400

Bill, David,
    I will wait and see as well, but I don't think the CEO saying
"The R is a beautiful camera, but today’s market gives
preference  to other products." as being no news. :-)
    I didn't mean to say he was abandonning the pro market
altogether, he seemed to indicate that a full frame M would be
marketable.  There have always been more rangefinder cameras
used professionally than Leica Reflex cameras.  Anybody with
several M lenses would buy a full frame M camera in a heartbeat.
Once one has done that, the R lenses from 50 up will be very
useful on the Olys with adapters, but they won't likely displace
many Nikons and Canons at stadiums.
Charlie.