[LRflex] Kaufmann Interview

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:30:43 -0700

For those who get the Leica newsletter, this you may already know.

For those of you, who do not, an LFI interview with Andreas Kaufmann, owner and now CEO of Leica, is available as a pdf file, via a link at the bottom of the page.:

http://www.lfi-online.de/ceemes/base.php?page/show/575

Unlike most teasers for articles in LFI, the entire interview is available. Most unusual, but I suspect it was Kaufmann's price, as he wants to get his message out.

The most interesting part, to me, was:

LFI: Why have things fallen so quiet
around the R system?
Kaufmann: The R is a beautiful camera,
but today's market gives preference to
other products. I can assure you that we
have every intention of leaving a mark in
the single lens reflex sector, but that's all
I can say for now.

In fact, he does a lot of "That's all I can say, for now.", but the article is still worth a read.