[LRflex] Re: IMG: Horned Grebe

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:45:06 -0400

Miha Golobic wrote:

> So nice, particulary the orange-eyed!

Thank you Miha!

> Do you use any kind of protection against water splash (and wet hands)?

When paddling I usually have the camera stowed under the forward deck where
direct splashes will not reach it.  I also have drip rings on the kayak
paddle so that water will not run down the paddle shaft to my hands (or
into the kayak). The kayak is also a fairly "dry" model, even in rough
water, and I rarely take the camera with me unless the water is very calm.

Thanks for looking, and commenting!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

2008/10/20 wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I spent yesterday morning in the kayak on Lake Natoma in eastern
Sacramento