[LRflex] Re: IMG: Horned Grebe

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 08:43:02 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

Another photo made while kayaking. Birdlife on Lake Natoma (eastern Sacramento county) is near a low point for the year. The Western Grebes and Clark's Grebe have not been seen for several weeks, but it looks like post-breeding dispersal has begun. I had not seen this Horned Grebe on my previous kayak outings on the lake, and it looks like its breeding plumage has seen quite a bit of wear & tear:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/podicipedidae/hogr02.html

I'm looking forward to the fall/winter arrivals.

HI Doug!

Nice capture ... I love the colour of the water ... makes your grebe really stand out!

Thanks for sharing. :-)