[LRflex] Re: First rhododendron of the season taken w/ 3 lenses

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:30:31 -0800

Not me - but maybe my father in Singapore was the one LOL!  He also
had a 250/4 Leica telephoto for many years and Singapore's tropical
fungus started developing a fancy for the yummy German coating (seems
like Japanese lenses do better against fungus in the tropics).  He
gave me his R-gear after he had bypass surgery & realized that it was
too heavy for him to lug around.  He said I could do whatever I wanted
with it....I didn't fancy lugging that monster around either, so sold
that along with the 70-210 push<=>pull zoom, and 'upgraded' to the
Angie.....and could not resist the Apo-Telyt 180 at a later time.

BTW - thanks for sharing the photo of your Leica R-gear "avec
chapeau".  Elegant indeed.....!  I also chanced upon this photo of
yours that I really like - good composition+framing and suggests a
sense of flirting with danger (the snake, that is).

Cheers,
Eric