[LRflex] Keeping warm in Korea

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:41:56 -0800

Hi George - Thanks for looking/commenting about the bokey comparison
shots.  Jazzed to hear from you in Korea!  I know how cold Korea is
now and it must be tough for you to get outside for photography - &
therefore I hope you and yours are keeping warm!  One late December
some years back, I was in Seoul and saw how these old chimneys were
used in the Ondol system to bring room heating via wood smoke through
the flooring of Kyongbok Palace:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Leicaflex/Hanguk2005/Chimney_Walkway.jpg.html

Equipment notes:  Konica Hexar RF with 28mm Elmarit-M on Fujicolor
200ASA print film, with fill-flash (on hot-shoe).

Cheers, Eric

[LRflex] Re: First rhododendron of the season taken with 3 lenses

    * From: "George A. Furst" <gfurst01568@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    * To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    * Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 05:03:50 -0500

Well this is a challenge and here is my opinion. I think that the Angenieux
wins with the "creamy" Bokeh and slightly better color saturation. I think the
Apo and Cannon are similar in color saturation but for Bokeh, the Apo is less
distracting than the Cannon. I really find that the busy background in the
Cannon picture is distracting. The 180/3.4 APO has a somewhat less distracting
Bokeh and it does not bother me because the out of focus "lines" are softer.
Thank you Eric for providing these photos side by side. I had heard of the
Angenieux Bokeh but never so well demonstrated. The rhododendron season is in
April here so it seems far off but it is nice to know that blossoms are coming
somewhere in the northern hemisphere. George in South Korea