[LRflex] Re: Design catastrophe

  • From: "Fred Hess" <fredhess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:28:05 +0200

Hello David,

I fully agree with you. At first sight (when it was introduced) the R8
looked strange, but I use the
R8 now for many, many years: and I love this camera. I worked also with R3
up to R5. These are
more ladies-cameras....(excuse me dear Leica-ladies..).
I have used the R8 in several rough areas (f.i. minus 25' C.) and it never
failed. Only once after intensive use
my shutter broke completely, almost the same momnet I attached my DM-R for
the first time...

To my opinion and expirience the R8 and R9 are great cameras, especialy the
brightness of the viewfinder
is very good .

I hope the R10 has more or less the same features as the
R8/R-DMR-combination, but of course full-frame and
maybe a somewhat more compact design.

Kind regards,

Fred Hess

The Hague NL