[LRflex] Re: Design catastrophe

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:11:09 -0700

I agree.  I thought it was rather ugly until I saw one in person.  Then I owned
(own) one and it is an amazing camera.
And quite beautiful to boot.  My vote is for an R8/9 look but lighter.

Aram> Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 00:30:44 -0700> To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [LRflex] Re: Design catastrophe> > Noel
wrote:> > >I agree with Douglas about the catastrophic design of the R8/9, but
> >I would like the R10 to be based on the R3,> > Hi Noel!> > Why is it that
just about everybody who feels the R8/9 is a design > disaster are the folks
who've never owned one?> > I too thought it a disaster when I fist saw it. But
after using one > for several years, I learned to love it. It is the most
intuitive > design I've ever seen in a camera. A delight to hold and use. It >
even handles fairly well with the DMR ... though that does make it a >
monstrosity for size and weight.> > And when you've used it loved it, you come
to find it beautiful, as well.> > I'm glad you like your R3 ... my first Leica
was an R3 and it's a > great camera. But I wouldn't trade my R8 for one!> >
Cheers!> > > ---> > David Young,> Logan Lake, CANADA> > Limited Edition Prints
at: www.furnfeather.net> Personal Web-site at: www.main.furnfeather.net> Stock