[LRflex] Re: Design catastrophe

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:13:30 -0700

You tell em, Ted.  With your reputation, maybe it will get through.

Aram

From: tedgrant@xxxxxxxxx: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LRflex] Re: Design
catastropheDate: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:04:32 -0700

Noel offered:
>> I agree with Douglas about the catastrophic design of the R8/9, but I would
>> like the R10 to be based on the R3, or at least be R3 size, or can I have a
>> full-frame dig. <<<

Guys what are you talking about, “catastrophic design?”
Man I bought three R8’s as soon as they were available along with the motor
drives!
They went into my hands like tailor made gloves and all worked like a dream.
They still do as I keep the power packs charged all the time and run the
shutter systems through on each once a month to keep them ready…. They still
look beautiful almost new like.
The R8-9 as far as I’m concerned is the best SLR Leica of the breed!
But then there were some folks bitching about the M7 who never had one in their
hands.
Similarly so, even worse with dumb ass carping about what the R8 looked like
before it was even available to buy!
Who cares what they look like? It’s the feel in hand and beauty of the
viewfinder that are the most important on any camera! Aren’t you supposed be
looking through the viewfinder, brilliant by the way, not looking at the
machine when you are taking pictures? Or have I got something wrong all these
years?
ted

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.