[LRflex] Re: DMR support

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:26:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

"Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

>I wonder if I might get some sense of our group's feelings about the
>advisability of buying a used or demo DMR.

> Given that Leica has "abandoned"
> the DMR

I don't think that's a given.  Abandonment means a total lack of support, which
has never been a Leica policy with anything less than 25 or 30 years old.

> are there any assurances that software upgrades will continue to be
> developed, and/or there will be support if anything in the DMR goes sour?

Given that I use RAW essentially 100% of the time I'm satisfied with firmware
1.1.

> Would anyone be hesitant to buy a DMR now
>( forgetting that any R10 would be a different camera )?

If my DMR were stolen I'd get another.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com