[LRflex] Re: DMR EV problem

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:48:30 -0800

On Dec 12, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL wrote:

How do you switch off your camera: with the on/off buttom on the DM-R
or on top of the camera? Or are only the camera-electronics turned
off by the camera itself after a few seconds/minutes? This auto-off-
function
seems to create your 'problem' to my opinion. I have checked this on
my R8/DM-R and it acts like your R9/DM-R. Just touch one of your 3
release-buttons
and the camera-electronics are switched on and the EV functions work OK.!

I use the switch on the top of the camera, the only way I have ever known to turn the camera and DMR on and off. The button on the DMR is not an on/off button on my DMR; it is an ok/off button used in conjunction with the display, delete functions, etc.

This all happens with the auto turn off disabled so that should not be a factor. Touching the shutter release buttons has no effect. Glad your R8/DMR works as it should.

I just got off the phone with Leica New Jersey and described my two problems, no EV adjustment or indication and, with switch off, insertion of a fresh battery results in a brief display of the Leica logo in the main window and the LCD display comes on and stays on, but of course the camera is not functional, no metering no shutter release, etc.

Leica said to send it to them so I will FedEx it to them today and hope for the best. Stay tuned.

All the best,

Bill