[LRflex] Re: Color renditions between M8 and DMR

  • From: SonC@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:46:21 EST

In a message dated 11/27/2006 3:32:48 P.M. Central Standard Time,
SonC@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 11/27/2006 3:14:48 P.M. Central Standard Time,
tedgrant@xxxxxxx writes:
>>From: David Young  <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
>>No matter  what the reasons, there is  a certainly a difference
>>between   Imacon's view and  Leica's view of the world!    See:
>>
>>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/M8_DMR_Comp.htm<<<<

Also, I was noticing that the time was about 15 minutes apart, and  there was
about a ten degree swing to the right, meaning that a larger  proportion of
the grass was available for WB sampling by the M8

In my opinion, the sky and grass has a nicer look in the M8 shot.

In fact, if you run DCE Tools ColorCast FIX on the two shots, it says the  M8
has no cast, and the DMR has a cyan cast.  when you run it, the DMR  grasses
start to resemble those in the M8 shot.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com