[LRflex] Re: Anyone using Angenieux converted to N... over here?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:53:38 -0800 (PST)

George!
  I'll grant that there is an exquisite 'internal logic' to how they mark a
lens, but it appears to be the act of a complete nutter in the context of the
REST of Still Photographic History. At least that which I've been privy too
knowing about and that's coming from someone who used to -FOR FUN- read the
McKeown's Guide for prices of Antique and Used Camera Equipment on a routine
basis.

A) Why yes, I am a 'Nutter' myself. Why do you ask? (joke)
&
B) What the -bleep- is the rationale behind Angenieux using that nomenclature
methodology?

*Probably a Gallic finger in the eye of their European Competitors. ie:Leica,
Zeiss, Schneider, et al
*That or it's some sort of Cinematic Industry standard-ish thing and they were
trying to trade on a Movie Lens schtick.

I am sincerely curious to know what the answer to Question B is, by the way. I
already know they answer to A!

Richard in Michigan

A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought.
There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor.
- Victor Hugo