[LRflex] Re: Anyone using Angenieux converted to N... over here?

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:42:14 +0100

the 35 x 2 is a f2.5-3.5

I have not compared it to the latest equivalent in the Leica range

the 70 x 3 is sharper, mine at least, and I had swapped my former
Leitz 70-210 f.4 for it, for the much better.

I'm afraid that's all I can tell you in terms of comparison.

Of course, you've got to like its 'coloration' and a now somewhat
kinky plastic body ...
David had tried mine on the DMR combo - the light was poor and it
could have performed better I think.
Also there was that crop factor, and one of the Angies assets in the
70s were their ability to hold light without flare, DK how it compares
using modern standards, and excellent bokeh (still true).

50 : Are you referring to a summicron or lux?
They're most excellent it goes without saying
or to the Angie 50mm which I don't think was ever produced in N mount,
but I may be wrong - I think Exakta was the target of the retrofocus
model
here's a page on a 50 adapted for an M
http://www.cameracollection.net/angenieux50mmf0.95

Just found a photo of the Leitz order - made FOR Leitz ... (1969 -
Leicaflex)
http://www.summilux.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6632

@+
Ph