[LRflex] Re: Advice requested

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LRflex" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:09:05 -0700

In a message dated 17/07/2011, Dr. Ted said ...

> David my friend shed your concern. Crop the left side off as we look at the
> frame right down the big pole. Come right down the right edge and eliminate
> the pole! Then you've got a tight hyper action photo right in your face!
> PERFECT!

Thanks, Ted. :-)

I guess my problem was trying to crop to still fit a standard sized print.
So I tried paring down the image, as you suggest, still adhering to the
6x8" format.   I lost some at the top (not a problem) but also lost the
cowboy's shadow, in the dirt, which tends to give a cue as to just where he
is.

So, I took your advice, said to heck with the standard formatting and
cropped off the left, as you suggest.

The result is here,

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Exit-3.html

and to my feeble mind, it does work much better - though I'm sure Dave
Simms, among others, would disagree.

Thanks.
David.
--