[LRflex] Re: 80-200 f/4 Vario-Elmar

  • From: "Robert O. SHAW" <rj5s@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:38:58 -0700

Doug:

I shot some E/100 test frames with the 80-200 (remember - I'm the guy who
sort of "grew up" on Contaxt RTS/RX and Zeiss glass) when I was weighing it
against the 70-180 APO.  I passed but only by a slim margin.

When I got my test slides back, the 80-200 frames were stunning.  You can
also check with David Young - he's a believer.

I know you're going to enjoy this lens, especially shooting critters.  Very
nice feel, construction and it really pops in the R viewfinder.

Enjoy!

Bob