Re: the flag...

  • From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 23:40:12 -0700

At 02:01 AM 8/5/2008 -0400, Steve Barbour wrote:
It was shot intentionally to show the tree sharp and the flag soft...
http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/flagtree

Steve: On 9/11 I would have seen that "our flag was still there" even if grief blurred our vision. What I saw today was a metaphor for how the ideals our flag is supposed to stand for sometimes are hard to see through the thicket of current events.

I also must acknowledge that we all see the U.S. flag though the lens of our own politics, and any picture containing it is bound to have meanings that vary according to the beholder, and those meanings will also color our perception of the tree branches and choice of focus.

--Peter, who is not now, and who has never been, a Deconstructionist.   :-)