Re: the flag...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:28:42 -0700

On Aug 3, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

It’s an interesting exercise, because that is exactly what we would conventionally expect, as Jim says. Engages the mental gears, so to speak.

you are right Geoff, it is not a conventional image...

I don’t get a clear message from the image though. In the context of 9/11 it made more sense.

what did?

The best element in it for me is that the curve of the flag rope matches neatly with the curve of the covering branch

please see some other responses Geoff, cus you are very thoughtful... and on the right track...thank you, Steve

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/