Re: malfunctioning M6 meter

  • From: Rick Dykstra <rdcb37@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:17:21 +1000

Oliver,

ask your question here, where there is a much larger audience of knowledgeable and helpful Leica M users.

http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/2/2.html?1109727925

Rick.

On 09/07/2005, at 6:19 AM, Oliver Bryk wrote:

After 5 days of photographing in the high Sierra, the meter in my non-TTL
M6/0.85 is not functioning properly. The right triangle stays lit regardless
of the shutter speed and f-stop combination. Both triangles blink when I cap
the lens. Changing the battery does not affect this behavior. I did not
change the ISO setting when changing film.
Is this a common malfunction? Is there any diagnostic and/or remedy short of
returning the M6 to Leica?
TIA, Oliver