Re: Getting a grip...

  • From: M7 <photo-m7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:30:26 -0700

Brilliant, David!

And thanks for explaining the electric shutter release leads too.

Cheers,

John

On Jul 24, 2005, at 7:28 AM, David Young wrote:

<x-tad-smaller>Good Mornin'!</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>Those of you who know me, know that I'm like the litte bird... "cheap...cheap!"  And I'm a bit of a tinkerer, too.</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>When I bought my 400 Telyt, I bought the cheapest one I could find... It was in great condition; but, as you'd exepect, it had the old style, folded aluminum hand grip - rather than the newer, moulded hand grips which have a spot for either cable or electric release.</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>No matter.  I built one, from hard Maple.</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>Now, I've found the need to convert it to an electric release, so I can conveniently use the Telyt with the 20D body. (Up until now, I've been pressing the button in the normal way, which causes a lot of shots to be lost to camera shake.)</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>If you're not interested in do-it-yourself camera projects, ignore this post. </x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>But if you are in to that sort of thing, and would like to see how it can be done... you might find a peek at </x-tad-smaller>
http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/getting_a_grip.htm interesting.

Comments, or suggestions for improvements, appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

David.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC