Re: Getting a grip...

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:36:30 -0700

On 24/07/2005 at 10:34 PM Mark Bohrer wrote:

>David:
>Your solution is very elegant!
>
>My 400mm f/6.8 Telyt has the grip with the hole. I stuck a piece of velcro
>to the Canon RS80 and looped a mating velcro strap through the hole in the
>grip. It's a bit awkward, but it works well enough for a backup 400mm
>lens.
>Your setup is much better.
>Mark Bohrer

---

Thanks, Mark!  :-)

I looked at the RS80 & Velcro, but just felt there *had* to be a better way. ;-)

However, it's not as good as one might think!  Yesterday, I had my first chance
at extended use - only to discover that when the cord is plugged into the back
of the grip, it prevents the camera from being rotated to vertical shooting
position!  The simple solution is to move the jack from the back to the left
side,just above the white switch. This is a trival task, which will be
performed over the next couple of days.  (Watch the web page, for the update!)

The catch will be to fill the old hole with something, to make it all look
elegant! Otherwise, so far, it's really slick!

For those who missed it, this DIY project can be seen at:
http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/getting_a_grip.htm Suggestions for improving this
page, or the grip, are welcomed, from all quarters.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt