Getting a grip...

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:28:03 -0700

Good Mornin'!

Those of you who know me, know that I'm like the litte bird... "cheap...cheap!"
 And I'm a bit of a tinkerer, too.

When I bought my 400 Telyt, I bought the cheapest one I could find... It was in
great condition; but, as you'd exepect, it had the old style, folded aluminum
hand grip - rather than the newer, moulded hand grips which have a spot for
either cable or electric release.

No matter.  I built one, from hard Maple.

Now, I've found the need to convert it to an electric release, so I can
conveniently use the Telyt with the 20D body. (Up until now, I've been pressing
the button in the normal way, which causes a lot of shots to be lost to camera
shake.)

If you're not interested in do-it-yourself camera projects, ignore this post.

But if you are in to that sort of thing, and would like to see how it can be
done... you might find a peek at
http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/getting_a_grip.htm interesting.

Comments, or suggestions for improvements, appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

David.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC