[korgypark] Re: MIDI signal inducing noise using 05R/W serial connection

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:54:24 -0000

> I'm getting faint signal noise using the Korg 05R/W PC I/F connection
method.

How close does your PC I/F cable run to your audio cable?  Does it run along
side it for any distance?  I have seen similar problems with my mouse -
every time I moved the mouse I could hear buzzing in the monitors -
eventually I found it was because my mouse cable was bunched up next to the
line output of the sound card.  Since both mice and the PC I/F cables carry
serial data, the problems sound remarkably similar.

In other words, check your cabling before you go looking for ground loops
;-).

hope that helps,

Andy