[korgypark] Re: korg x5d usb midi questions

  • From: randy.suchy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:51:54 EST

If you are using the Midiman USB, you won't need to install the Korg PC I/F
driver... the driver is only needed if you want to use a regular serial
connection from PC to Korg's "Host" jack (which also requires a special
cable).  You will find it simpler to connect the Korg through the Midiman
with standard MIDI cables, as testified to by the myriad postings of
frustrated newsters trying to get the direct connect working :)  But if
you're up for a challenge, <A
HREF="//www.freelists.org/archives/korgypark/02-2003/fullthread16.html";>see
 my post on the subject</A>, ignoring the info
about the Win 95/98/ME driver mentioned within.  Beware XP driver issues by
reading other freelist posts before you embark ;)