[kismac] Re: FreeMacWare mentions us!

  • From: Erick van Rijk <emvr@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:19:49 +0100

If you do a check I prefer to have the drivers included in the software bundle, you can always copy items out of the bundle into the extensions folder if you have use sudo.
Separate installers always end up missing. I rather have Kismac upon runtime check and ask permission to install drivers if needed.
On Feb 7, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Piotr Malecki wrote:

Possible solution:

Have a dmg, inside of which you have Kismac with drag-and-drop
instructions on the side as well as having a tiny installer labelled
"Wifi driver installer" or something like it. Then have Kismac check
(on startup) if the installer ever ran (not just in the last update).
 - If yes, then launch Kismac.
 - If no, then tell the user to run the installer from the dmg (and
provide a we address to redownload the dmg if the user deleted it).

Piotr

On 2/7/06, themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey, we COULD just make the GTDriver card drivers check for the
GTDriver driver and require you to grab the GTDriver installer. Or
would that not be a good idea.

On 07/02/2006, at 10:09 PM, Beat Zahnd wrote:

themacuser wrote:

Yeah, better idea. Much better. Tell me what goes where and I'll
try  and make one.

For the moment GTDriver is not very easy to install.

After compiling WiFiGUI.app and GTDriver.kext (both from Xcode,
switch to Deployment target first) you have to run mkinstall.sh:

https://opensvn.csie.org/viewcvs.cgi/GTDriver/mkinstall.sh?
root=bi&rev=68&view=markup

It creates an _inst directory. Then cd to this _inst directory and run the ./install_command:

https://opensvn.csie.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/GTDriver/
install.command?root=bi&rev=45

Beat

--