[kismac] Re: FreeMacWare mentions us!

  • From: "Brian" <whj6z7602@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:33:13 -0500

On Feb 7, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Erick van Rijk emvr-at-etv.cx |KisMAC list/personal| wrote:

If you do a check I prefer to have the drivers included in the software bundle, you can always copy items out of the bundle into the extensions folder if you have use sudo.
Separate installers always end up missing. I rather have Kismac upon runtime check and ask permission to install drivers if needed.

With special emphasis on "ask permission" -- that's an important point. :)

Count me in favor of the simple .dmg, drag-n-drop installation option, too. Installers are quite overused/abused these days. Very few apps actually require one, and they're not "the OS X way".

 - Brian