[kismac] Re: EUREKA!!!!!

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:06:10 +0200

At 5:40 PM +0930 2004/05/03, Ryan Verner wrote:

 Can one mac spoof / run in promisc mode with these drivers (and no, I'm not a
 'haxor', but instead need this kind of functionality to provide security
 auditing for customers worried about their security).

No, the IOXperts drivers provide no option for MAC spoofing, although I've had no problems running in promiscuous mode. To test the latter, all you need to do is to see if you can run tcpdump and capture packets by sniffing.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>