[kismac] Re: EUREKA!!!!!

  • From: "Ryan Verner" <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 17:40:31 +0930

On Mon, 3 May 2004 09:50:08 +0200, Brad Knowles wrote
>       IIRC, WirelessDriver makes no attempt to do WEP and

I'm sure, that at least from an UI perspective, WEP "looks" like it's
supported.  I remember a dropdown box in the System Preferences for it.

> has no plans to try to do so anytime in the foreseeable future.

Heh, no offense to the current developers, but do they have plans to do
/anything/ in the forseeable future? :-)

>  If you want WEP,
> then you need the IOXperts driver instead.

Can one mac spoof / run in promisc mode with these drivers (and no, I'm not a
'haxor', but instead need this kind of functionality to provide security
auditing for customers worried about their security).

--
Sirion WebHosting (http://www.sirion.net.au)