[kegswindows] Outlook Express Freezes Win XP Computer

  • From: "Kurt Mincin" <krmincin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KEGS (Windows) SIG" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:53:58 -0800

I have Win XP Pro and have been using its Outlook Express (OE) application with
no problems.  However, yesterday when I started OE, the computer performance
slowed way down, almost freezing, while "Receiving Mail" is displayed in the
usual place (lower-right screen).  I tried a few soft reboots and one complete
shutdown but got the same result.  I tried Outlook 97, thinking it was an
Operating System issue since OE is integrated, but it still almost froze the
computer.

The only thing that was different yesterday was a game I downloaded from
Microsoft.  However, I only downloaded it to my desktop; I didn't install it.

Any ideas why OE is suddenly acting up?

Kurt Mincin
http://www.myildportal.com
ref #: 1827854, pass: guest